Electrical Engineer - Elektroingenieur
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 30 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
Optimized state-of-the-art electric drive joints enable our quadruped robot ANYmal to run, climb and move in challenging terrain while advanced perception sensors provide the ability to autonomously navigate and inspect environments such as industrial sites, power plants or subterranean systems.
We are enhancing our development team with an electrical and/or mechatronics engineer. You will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and testing of electronic circuits and systems in our robots and their payloads.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Conceptualization and development of custom electronics solutions for our robots and their ancillary systems, for example actuation, sensors, power supplies, battery systems, power electronics, analog/digital circuits, embedded systems or high-speed communication interfaces.
- PCB design, component evaluation.
- Assembly and testing of prototypes, specialized equipment and final products.
- System optimization with regards to reliability, manufacturability and cost.
- Collaboration with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Consultation with the different development teams on specifications and interfaces.
- Generation of technical documentation.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary and a job in the city of Zurich.
We are looking for competences in key aspects of electronics development, ranging from sensors to power electronics, including the necessary software.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering (FH, ETH/University) and ideally a few years of industrial experience.
- Strong knowledge base regarding electronic circuits and systems.
- Familiarity with PCB design software (KiCad, Altium etc.), and experience with complex, multi-layered boards.
- Excellent embedded software development skills (C; Linux).
- Ability to troubleshoot complex and state-of-the-art mechatronic systems and good problem solving skills.
- A basic understanding of mechanical and thermal systems, e.g., materials, construction elements, structural fatigue or heat dissipation methods.
- Experience with EMC and/or the corresponding certification processes and compliance tests.
- Experience with FPGAs or SoCs, C++.
- Basic experience with mechanical CAD systems.
You are an engaged personality, used to work proactively and with precision – on your own and in a team – and you are passionate about your work. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously. Your profile is complemented by a good knowledge of English and, ideally, also German.
We look forward to receiving your online application. Please address your application to Fredrik Isler, ANYbotics AG, 8050 Zurich. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information, please visit our website www.anybotics.com.