Mechanical Engineer / Robotics
100%, Zurich, permanent
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 100 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team of product developers and robot enthusiasts. We develop competitive product offerings for our customers that rely on deeply integrated and complex mechatronic systems. The team members closely collaborate with specialists from the R&D and software development group in order to evaluate, implement, test and support the product development process and the portfolio outcome. Furthermore, we are in continuous exchange with our operations group to secure the product target costs and quality standards as ONE TEAM. This renders our robots more nimble, robust and user friendly, and ensures new ways to optimize the performance and skills of our system. We are passionate about challenging and excellent hardware design and system performance at competitive costs.
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process, and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
As a Mechanical Engineer in robotics, you will play a crucial role in developing and designing our future robotic systems. Your contributions will significantly impact the robustness and attractiveness of our products. With your innovative spirit and industrial experience, you will bring new ideas and approaches to the development of our robotic systems. Your professional experience with mechatronic systems makes you a key player in improving and upgrading our robotic functions, working alongside our R&D experts to strengthen our product care capabilities in a decisive way.
- Design and engineer highly integrated and complex mechatronic systems for our robot product portfolio
- Work on new product functionalities following a structured development process
- Monitor product robustness, cost and quality along the product life cycle
- Perform product care analysis and field inspection tasks
- Conduct calculations for mechanical systems using FEA tools
- Collaborate with the R&D and software teams on system specifications
- Create product documentation (i.e. assembly & user manuals)
- University degree in engineering with a focus on mechanical engineering and/or mechatronics
- Minimum of 5 years related working experience in an industrial environment
- Experience in SolidWorks CAD and DM/PDM environment
- Hands-on engineering experience in product development, validation and testing
- Knowledge in design to cost and productivity optimization methods
- Experienced in using DIN/ISO tolerance norms for the technical documentation
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and in writing)
- Team player and excited to work in a high-tech company
- Experienced in dimensioning of standard parts like motors, gearboxes and bearings
- Know-how regarding the design and manufacturing of injection molded parts
- Experience with electric drives and control theory
- Experience in programming software (i.e. Python)
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.
Curious? So are we.