The Professorship of Environmental Chemistry is within the Institute of Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics (IBP) and the Department of Environmental Systems Science (D-USYS), and is located in the central campus of ETH (Zentrum). It is led by Prof. Dr. Kristopher McNeill and is home to five research subgroups, each led by a professor, senior scientist, or Oberassistant. The group does laboratory-, field-, and computer modelling-based research on diverse aspects of organic chemicals in the aquatic environment. To support the group, we seek an Administrative Assistant, who will manage and conduct a wide variety of essential administrative duties.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative and financial management of the Professorship, and will have a range of duties and functions, including the following:
- Personnel administration duties (e.g. initiating group employee hiring workflow, compiling and controlling necessary documents, etc.)
- Acting as the interface between the Professorship and Human Resources
- Overseeing finances and deadlines for research project financial reporting
- Preparing quarterly/yearly lab budgets across multiple funding sources
- Preparing annual reports
- Serving as a first point-for-contact for employees, students, student assistants, and visitors
- Assisting with travel reimbursements
- Coordinating visits of guests (e.g. visiting students and faculty)
- Occasional event organization
- Website design and mainenance
We are looking for a motivated person with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds. Fluency in German and English is required. This position also requires someone comfortable with modern electronic office and communication tools. Strength in accounting, budgeting and finances is a must.
We look forward to receiving your online application until December 2, 2019, prepared in English. Please include a letter of interest and a CV/resume. Other pertinent documents may also be uploaded. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Environmental Chemistry group can be found on our website www.envchem.ethz.ch. For further information, please contact Prof. Kris McNeill, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications).