Research lab technician
The Laboratory of Systems Neuroscience studies the molecular mechanisms of synapse development and plasticity in the mammalian nervous system, with a special emphasis on the role of non-coding RNA and potential implications for mental disorders. Our research includes a large spectrum of technologies, ranging from molecular, cellular biology to animal behavioural approaches. We are seeking a Research Lab Technician (50% time) to organize and maintain the general laboratory infrastructure and to support researchers in neurobiological project work. The Research Lab Technician will work as part of a diverse team that comprises other technicians, graduate students and postdoctoral researchers.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Preparation and cell culture of primary rodent nerve cells
- Organization and maintenance of the general laboratory infrastructure (ordering and preparation of lab reagents, lab kitchen and dishwashing area)
- Technical support of doctoral and postdoctoral researchers in their project work (biochemical and molecular biology experiments, genotyping, immunohistochemistry, etc.)
- qualified laboratory experience in molecular and cellular biology, e.g. completed training as laboratory assistant/technician (“Laborant”) or equivalent
- experience with cell culture work (not mandatory)
- ability to work independently and reliably as part of an international team
- enthusiasm and motivation to work in a vibrant and dynamic scientific environment
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents (in one PDF): Letter of motivation, comprehensive curriculum vitae, copies of degree certificates. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about Lab of Systems Neuroscience can be found on our website https://schrattlab.ethz.ch. For questions about the position, please contact Prof. Gerhard Schratt by e-mail: Gerhard.firstname.lastname@example.org (no application documents).