Research Software Engineer in Artificial Intelligence
The Data Analytics Lab is part of the ETH Institute for Machine Learning (IML) and performs research, foundational as well as applied, across a wide range of topics in machine learning, data science, and artificial intelligence. The IML is one of the leading groups for AI in Europe and connected with many activities such as the Max Planck-ETH Center for Learning Systems, the Swiss Data Science Center, or the European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems.
We are looking for candidates with passion for making AI work in practice, a sufficiently deep knowledge in the area, and strong hands-on programming skills. The main focus will be on collaborations with AI start-ups or spin-offs, but we also strongly encourage interaction with other members of the lab (Ph.D. students, postdoc) and participation in the activities of the IML.
- Master or Ph.D. in computer science, electrical engineering, or mathematics
- Strong academic performance and specialization in a relevant area (machine learning, natural language processing, speech processing, computer vision etc.)
- Strong programming skills and experience in software development
- Solid knowledge of Python for rapid prototyping and exploration
- Experience with Deep Learning Frameworks like PyTorch, Tensorflow, xgboost, scikit-learn and similar for architecting and training DNN models
- Ability to work in a metric-driven and goal-oriented manner
- Fluent in English, some knowledge of German
- Experience with real-time systems, embedded programming, or ML accelerator hardware is a plus
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: Cover letter, CV. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Data Analytics Lab can be found on our website http://www.da.inf.ethz.ch. For further information, please contact Prof. Thomas Hofmann via e-mail email@example.com (no applications).