Postdoctoral researcher, Translational Neuromodeling Unit
The Translational Neuromodeling Unit (TNU) is a joint division of the Institute of Biomedical Engineering at the University of Zurich and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich). Its mission is to develop new methods and computational assays for individualised prognosis and treatment prediction in computational psychiatry/psychosomatics. To this end, the TNU brings together computational modelers, experimentalists and clinicians who jointly develop mathematical models of maladaptive behaviour and brain disease, and evaluate their diagnostic use in patient studies.
This postdoctoral position is initially funded for one year, with a potential extension.
The position involves the following tasks:
- Analysis of different clinical EEG datasets using SPM and/or FieldTrip
- Advanced EEG analyses, including computational modeling
- Development and evaluation of methods for removing cardiac field artefacts
- Contributions to the supervision of PhD and MSc students
- Contributions to teaching
Mandatory qualifications and characteristics include:
- Excellent computational/statistical skills (e.g. generative modeling, machine learning, Bayesian techniques)
- Experience with advanced EEG analyses
- Excellent programming skills
- Good communication and time management skills, as well as willingness to work in a highly interdisciplinary group
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborative spirit and team player attitude
- Good command of the English language
Desirable (but not mandatory) qualifications include:
- Experience with SPM and/or FieldTrip
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Motivation Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of publications
- Contact details of at least two academic referees
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered. Applications will be considered until the position has been filled.
Further information about the Translational Neuromodeling Unit at the Institute of Biomedical Engineering can be found on our website: www.tnu.ethz.ch. For further information, please contact PD Dr. Jakob Heinzle, firstname.lastname@example.org (no application documents).