Technical Lead Robotics Platform
In 2019, ETH hast started an initiative for a Center for Robotics. The goal of this cross-departmental initiative of MAVT, ITET, INFK, USYS, MATL, ARCH, BAUG, and HEST is to develop the strong competences of ETH in robotics into a joint research and educational platform. The Center for Robotics will be located in the historical ML hall in the main campus of ETH providing large research and educational facilities. We will organize hands-on robot classes, annual summer schools and symposia, joint research programs with industry, and additional outreach programs to educate and host people from outside the ETH domain.
Robotics must happen with robots and not only in theory is one of the main focus of the education and research programs of the Center for Robotics. Thus, the center has begun the aquicistion of robotic platforms to support students and researchers. The robotic fleet will continue expanding to cover all the aspects of locomotion, sensing and applications of the future.
We are searching for an outstanding robotics engineer to support a multidisciplinary team of researchers and educators and serve as the Center’s technical point of contact for the robotic platforms. You will work in a multidisciplinary team to develop and deploy cutting edge robotics technology.
- Develop and commission the design of mechanical, sensors and software modules for use in robotics platforms
- Lead problem identification process, root-cause analysis, and drive continuous improvement efforts for engineering and safety issues with the robotic platforms
- Create and maintain documentation to support role responsibilities for training and safety
- Provide technical guidance, direction and mentorship to students and young researchers to help them level up their skills and learn best practices for robotic systems development
- Other responsibilities include various administrative and logistical tasks
- 4 Year Degree (Mechatronics, Electronic, Mechanical) or equivalent professional experience
- Experience managing personnel
- Experience with software programming, and/or automation tools
- Familiarity with programming embedded systems in C and C++
- Familiarity with embedded system firmware
- Experience with Mechanisms and Electro-mechanical designs
- Familiarity with mechanical design and CAD/CAE tools
- Ability to work well with students and researchers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and German
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience in Linux and ROS is an useful asset
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: Motivation letter, CV, diplomas and job references. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the Center for Robotics can be found on our website https://center-for-robotics.ethz.ch/. For further information, please contact Dr. Cesar Cadena, e-mail email@example.com (no applications).