The Extracellular Matrix Regeneration Laboratory of Prof. Dr. Collin Ewald, Department of Health Sciences and Technology, is looking for a highly motivated individual with significant experience in molecular biology as a lab technician/manager to join our dynamic research lab for assistance with experiments, preparing lab utilities, ordering, and administration.
The research topics of our group aim to determine the molecular mechanism(s) that prolong health during aging, using the nematode C. elegans and mouse models, in order to develop novel strategies to treat age-related pathologies.
Tasks and competencies will include experimental work to contribute to research projects. Experimental tasks include genetics (crossing, mutagenesis, etc), molecular biology (subcloning, transgene generation, CRISPR, PCR, qRT-PCR, RNA isolation, Western blotting, and DNA electrophoresis), general and fluorescent microscopy, and longevity assays.
Responsibilities will include:
- Making common lab solutions, NGM agar plates and RNAi plates
- Maintaining C. elegans strains for the laboratory
- Ordering and stocking lab supplies
- Maintaining laboratory equipment
- Managing lab collections (plasmids, strains, RNAi library)
- Holding a weekly technical lab meeting with the team
- Training personnel in specialized laboratory techniques and safety procedures
- Ensuring on target spending of grants
- Designating lab duties to keep the lab running smoothly
A successful candidate should bring along:
- An education (Laboratory technician)
- Experience in the areas of molecular biology.
- Highly motivated candidates with a Bachelors or Masters in molecular biology are also encouraged to apply
- More than 3 years of experience in a research laboratory, including a minimum of one year of management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in molecular biology, genetics and biochemical techniques
- Prior experience with C. elegans is beneficial but not required
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong organizational and lab managing skills
- Excellent communication, time management and record-keeping skills
- The ability to work independently and with a team
- The ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Knowledge of oral and written English and German are mandatory
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: CV, a one-page statement on your motivation and past research experience (in English), and contact details of three persons that may be contacted for references. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Collin Ewald at email@example.com (no application documents) or visit our website www.ewaldlab.com.