Machine Learning Research Engineer
80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term
We are looking for candidates with a strong background in machine learning to join Rycolab in Zurich, a group of researchers working on a diverse range of theoretical and applied problems in NLP, computational linguistics, ML and statistics.
This project works in close collaboration with Typewise, a Swiss deep tech company that builds privacy-focused AI text prediction technology. Their first product, a next-generation smartphone keyboard app, has grown to 1.5+ million installs, and they’re now expanding their patented technology into enterprise applications on both desktop and mobile.
In this project you will be building the next generation of our AI text prediction technology, incl. grammar correction and speech-to-text models. Key responsibilities include:
- Build training pipelines and inference models for both text and speech data
- Analyze/collect the required data
- Perform code reviews of your and other team member’s code
- Keep up to date with research and key advances in the field
- Master/PhD in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
- Programming experience with Python
- Proficiency with popular Python ML frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, nltk, pandas)
- Software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience working on an ML project from start to finish
- Experience working with speech/text data in an ML setting
- Understanding of SQL/NoSQL database concepts
- Fluency in English
At Typewise we’re a 15 people, passionate, international team based in Zurich, Belgrade, Moscow, Ljubljana, Brighton and beyond. Our company thrives on a fast-paced, fast-growing, flexible environment with a flat hierarchies and individual ownership:
- Close contact with software developers implementing the results of your work
- Regular code reviews and research discussions within the ML team
- Remote coffee breaks and physical meetups built-in to our week, including international trips
- Flexible hours and calendar year with lean structure (e.g., daily stand-ups)
We value diversity
Curious? So are we.
If you want to be part of an innovative research team at ETH Zurich and an awesome start-up team at Typewise, we look forward to receiving your online application including your CV and if available, a link to a previous ML project you’ve worked on.
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For questions to the job please contact Prof. Ryan Cotterell: firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.