IT Support Professional for Mac, Windows and Linux devices
The Department BSSE in Basel, part of ETH Zurich, is seeking a new member within our IT support group. BSSE has 350 international staff and scientists of many disciplines. We focus on research in complex biological systems. Our IT team work closely with our customers to provide essential support for their IT needs.
We offer an exciting opportunity to work in our mixed platform and customer focused environment, to use or develop Mac, Windows and Linux technical support skills. You will be involved in a wide range of 2nd-level IT support activities. These include:
- using our centralized management systems to deploy software and update or configure computers,
- deploying and upgrading hardware,
- customer support, including user-account management, ticket resolution, user documentation and introductions, service-desk support,
- multi-media support.
This is a very practical hands-on role and a busy role, with direct interaction with customers, working with dedicated staff and with access to training opportunities.
Your experiences, skills and interests will include a good selection of the following:
- in-depth experience of the Mac or Windows platforms,
- working knowledge of Linux,
- basic understanding of networks,
- a willingness to learn and grow into new technical skills.
Your characteristics as a person are perhaps more important to succeed in the role, you need:
- a real interest in being customer focused and resolving their problems,
- to be a genuine team player who enjoys their work,
- to communicate effectively in our small team, whilst also self-motivated and able to work independently,
- reliability, flexibility and willingness to participate in all service-desk tasks, from the complex to the simple routine ones.
Skills in German and English are required.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Motivational letter
- Existing references
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about BSSE and the IT support group (ITSC) can be found on our website www.bsse.ethz.ch. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Dr Vernon Bailey by email email@example.com (no applications).