PhD Positions in Electronic Design Automation and Reconfigurable Computing
100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Digital Systems and Design Automation Group at the Department of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering has several fully-funded PhD positions to work on cutting-edge research projects, with a focus on electronic design automation and reconfigurable computing.
We are interested in developing a broad scope of techniques to ease the programmability of digital hardware (e.g., reconfigurable devices such as FPGAs). Our goal is to bridge the gap between software and hardware by developing language abstractions, compiler flows, and hardware devices that enable software developers from different domains to accelerate emerging compute-intensive applications.
We are looking for creative and highly motivated researchers to join our team. Each new group member can choose a research direction according to their background and our mutual research interests. Apart from actively shaping our group's research, the PhD positions include international collaborations with academia and industry, mentoring BSc and MSc students, and teaching activities in the areas of electronic design automation, reconfigurable computing, and embedded systems.
The PhD positions are fully funded with a competitive salary according to ETH guidelines. The starting date is September 2022 or later. Applications will be considered until the positions are filled.
Essential background and profile:
- A relevant MSc degree (e.g., in computer science or electrical engineering) or equivalent, with an excellent academic track record
- Strong background in computer engineering and digital hardware design
- Advanced programming skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and willingness to acquire new skills
Knowledge in any of the following areas is an advantage:
- High-level synthesis, electronic design automation, compilers, programming languages, formal methods
- C/C++ programming
ETH Zurich is a family-friendly employer with excellent working conditions. You can look forward to an exciting working environment, cultural diversity and attractive offers and benefits.
We value diversity
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application including:
- BSc and MSc grade transcripts
- A brief (1-page) research statement, outlining your research background and interests
- Contact information (name, email address, and organization) of two professional references
Optional supporting documents:
- Copy of MSc thesis, recent project report, or equivalent (please submit one, most relevant work only)
- Link to GitHub (or equivalent) public repository that you maintained or contributed to
- Authored or co-authored scientific publications
Only applications submitted through the application portal will be considered. Exclusively for questions regarding the positions, please contact Prof. Dr. Lana Josipovic by email: email@example.com (no applications).