System Integrator for large-scale Solar Simulator
80%-100%, Zurich, fixed-term
The Chair of Architecture and Building Systems researches on active and passive systems for the energy supply and climate control of buildings, aiming to realize a CO2-neutral built environment that efficiently consumes and produces energy while providing high user comfort.
The LED Solar Simulator (LEDSS) is a globally unique piece of research equipment for experimental research towards Zero Carbon Buildings. It is the centerpiece of the new Zero Carbon Building Systems Lab at ETH Hönggerberg, to be opened in 2022. The laboratory provides infrastructure for research on building components, systems and occupant comfort, from early proof-of-concept validation to system demonstration. The LEDSS consists of a large scale (3m x 4m x 1.5m) sun-like light source and kinematic system to emulate different sun angles. The LEDSS operates in an artificial environment to emulate different climates and outdoor conditions.
We are looking for a skilled and highly motivated colleague to support the integration of the LEDSS in the test environment and allow for controlled experiments emulating different climate conditions and locations. This entails:
- coordinating the hardware integration (electrical, thermal, controls);
- developing suitable controls and interfaces for solar spectrum and
- environmental conditions of the indoor and outdoor chambers, connecting to the building automation;
- development of measurement, calibration procedures and data management and
- setting up the experimental workflow between simulation and controls (NI)
We are looking for candidates with a Master’s degree in engineering (electrical, mechanical, process) or equivalent experience level in the field.
- experience using and implementing measurement and control hard- and software (preferred: National Instruments (NI), Beckhoff, LAB View System Development Software)
- basic programming skills
- solid project management skills and ability to work collaboratively as well as independently in an agile working environment
- language skills in German and English
- Experience in systems integration of electrical / thermal / optical systems
We value diversity
Curious? So are we.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Motivational Letter
- describtions of projects involved and role in these projects
- reference letters or contacts
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
Further information about the project and the research group can be found on our website. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Mr. Marco Baur, email: email@example.com (no applications).
For recruitment services the GTC of ETH Zurich apply.
In line with our values, ETH Zurich encourages an inclusive culture. We promote equality of opportunity, value diversity and nurture a working and learning environment in which the rights and dignity of all our staff and students are respected. Visit our Equal Opportunities and Diversity website to find out how we ensure a fair and open environment that allows everyone to grow and flourish.